Call for Applications: Editorial Team Membership
Deadline: November 15, 2018
On_Culture. The Open Journal for the Study of Culture is looking for a GCSC Doctoral Researcher to join the editorial team and play an integral role in the publication cycles of the journal, starting in the winter term 2018/2019. On_Culture is the GCSC’s Open Access peer-reviewed journal. It provides a platform and forum for pursuing and reflecting on the study of culture. It investigates, problematizes and develops key concepts and methods in the field. More often than not, developing such new approaches and emerging topics is a collaborative and collective process. On_Culture is dedicated to fostering such collective processes and the cultural dynamics at work in thinking about and reflecting on culture: www.on-culture.org
Original scholarly _Articles and _Essays are published biannually (summer and winter) and open contributions – what we call _Perspectives – are published on a rolling basis in a wide range of media formats. Rooted in a concept-based methodology, the journal contributes to an understanding of the cultural dynamics at work in the study of culture by creating a dynamic online knowledge base among scholars and the general public.
The new member of the editorial team participates in:
- conceptualizing calls for papers,
- editorial work (such as collecting and evaluating abstracts, organizing peer reviews, formatting, proofreading, etc.),
- organizing events, such as the annual Open Access Lectures with the University Library Giessen,
- attending international conferences on Open Access and Digital Publishing,
- coordinating the e-publishing process with technical staff.
The position demands:
- a consistent investment of time in each biannual issue,
- attendance of regular editorial team meetings, also during the semester breaks,
- a commitment of at least one year of Editorial Team membership,
- proficient use of English in both spoken and written form.
This is a unique opportunity to gain editorial experience, work creatively and conceptually, and help shape an innovative e-publishing project. If necessary, a workspace will be made available at the GCSC to allow to work closely with the editorial team on site.
Interested? Please send your CV and a brief letter of motivation stating why you would like to participate and what you have to offer (skills / past experience) to our e-mail address: email@example.com, subject line: “Application for Editorial Team.” English proficiency is necessary and editorial experience is preferred. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to talk to us directly, or contact us via e-mail.
Applications due: Thursday, November 15, 2018.